REPORTER\-MAILXSection: LIBREPORT MANUAL (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEreporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email.
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient.
Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value".
The options are:
- The subject of the email message.
- The sender of the email message.
- The recipient of the email message.
- Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the dump directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large.
Integration with ABRT events
reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf:
It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event:
- Path to problem directory.
- Path to configration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables.
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file.
- Subject of the email message.
- Sender of the email message.
- Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "[email protected]".
- Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the dump directory to the email.
- * ABRT team
- ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:10 GMT, December 24, 2015