PERF\-DIFFSection: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEperf-diff - Read two perf.data files and display the differential profile
perf diff [oldfile] [newfile]
This command displays the performance difference amongst two perf.data files captured via perf record.
- Show position displacement relative to baseline.
- Dump raw trace in ASCII.
- Load module symbols. WARNING: use only with -k and LIVE kernel
- Only consider symbols in these dsos. CSV that understands m[blue]file://filenamem entries.
- Only consider symbols in these comms. CSV that understands m[blue]file://filenamem entries.
- Only consider these symbols. CSV that understands m[blue]file://filenamem entries.
- Sort by key(s): pid, comm, dso, symbol.
- Use a special separator character and doncqt pad with spaces, replacing all occurrences of this separator in symbol names (and other output) with a . character, that thus itcqs the only non valid separator.
- Be verbose, for instance, show the raw counts in addition to the diff.
- Doncqt complain, do it.
- Look for files with symbols relative to this directory.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:07 GMT, December 24, 2015